Sunday, January 30, 2011

Deborah Lippmann - Across The Universe

After a longing for Katy Perry's collaboration with OPI line (in particular, Teenage Dream), I opted to get Deborah Lippmann's Across the Universe instead. Not that I have any regrets. Although this polish isn't new (Fall 2010, I think), I have read too many reviews about this colour and today I decided it was just enough and I was going to get it. Luckily, the Holt Renfrew near my work place had it in stock so I happily picked it up at lunch :)

Application was smooth. I should've waited longer between coats and applied thinner coats so that the colour could've turned out lighter. I'm still in love with it, though. The layers of teal sequins and blue glitter swimming in the blue jelly polish came out looking amazing. It dries relatively smooth as well. I would still recommend putting a top coat (or two!) on, though.

Unfortunately, leaving home for work early and returning late means I pretty much don't see the sun so I won't be able to capture this beautiful polish in sunlight. But, I took some using artificial lighting.
Here, I put on a base coat, around 4-5 coats of the lippmann polish, and two coats of top coat.





These pictures really don't do the polish justice, but isn't it pretty? I love a polish where I don't feel the need to decorate it somehow just because it's that good on it's own :)

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! I'm sure if I shelled out for it, I wouldn't get anything done for looking at my nails all day!

    ReplyDelete